Monday, October 19, 2015

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Helping Daddy with a project.
Enjoying a lazy Saturday morning. 
Saturday afternoon I ended up in the ER.  I had an accelerated heart rate. After 25 minutes of rest and it not slowing down I decided to go in. A little medicine and it was back to a normal rhythm. A scary, strange experience. I was told to think of a beating heart like a circuit board. The circuit goes up and down and beats normal.  I got stuck in a spot on the circuit and instead of going up and down I was going in a loop. Causing an extremely fast heartbeat. I will make an appointment with a cardiologist this week and see what he has to say. Serious, yes, but so thankful that it wasn't worse. 
Megan has been trying to build a card house. She asked if this was cheating. Um, yes. You do have to give her credit for using her noggin. 
 The days are chilly and that calls for cool weather food.
The view out of my front door.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos but Yikes on the ER visit. That must of felt so scary. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,
    I'm sure that must have been frightening. I had some issues with my heartbeat last summer. I confessed over and over, "Jesus is my pacemaker. Jesus is my pacemaker." The issue seems to have resolved itself. I am supposed to see a cardiologist for a follow-up in a couple of months.
    Be blessed in healed in Jesus' Name. I pray the Blood of Jesus over you. By His Stripes you are healed!
    God bless you friend,
    Laura Lane
    Carthage Missouri
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying catching up on all your posts. I love hearing about a good thrift store find; it looks like Megan has a good bit of beautiful new clothes. We love grilled pork chops, I marinate most of my meat in apple juice to help keep the juiciness. Painting our front door is on my list, hopefully one day it will make it to the top. :) That tree outside your front door is amazing! I hope you're feeling better and I'll be praying nothing serious is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your incident this weekend, Wendi. Hope you will receive some clarity and a positive report from the cardiologist.

    That tree is so pretty! Love fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are ok! I have heart issues so I can understand how scary that is. Keeping you in my prayers! Hugs!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been on my mind ever since I read about your ER visit. I'm praying you are fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!