Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In the Kitchen

Regardless of if you are working outside of the home or a full time homemaker many hours are spent in the kitchen. I will be honest and say that I go through seasons where I enjoy my time more or less in the kitchen. I imagine that is true with everything.

We like monkey bread, but I don't make it often. Not only is it not healthy, but I always seem to have trouble getting it done in the middle. I have tried all of the tricks like cooking it longer at a lower temperature etc. It just seemed to be hit or miss for me.  I tried it a new to me way over the weekend... monkey bread muffins.

It turned out perfect! Chuck and Megan both said they like it better this way.  I also like that I can have breakfast on the table faster as the cooking time is much less for the muffins. Win, win for everyone.

We eat pork chops often as they are one of Megan's favorites. My preferred way to make them is to add salt, pepper and grill. I have heard people mention that they thought grilled chops were dry. Here is my secret... use a spray bottle with water and spritz them as you cook.  As much as like them this way I wanted to try something different. Enter brown sugar glazed pork chops.
Oh my! These were good and simple to make. Brush the chops with olive oil, salt and pepper. Then coat with brown sugar. (about 2 TBS per 2 pork chops) They have just a hint of sweetness. They were a hit all around and will be added to the menu rotation.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

5 comments:

  1. Pork chops aren't my thing but Monkey Break, ANY day!!! Great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love monkey bread....so delicious but you're right so bad for you too, lol. Once in awhile can't hurt though :-) Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy...monkey bread! I've made it a few times and have had the same thing happen to me, not baked in the middle. Ick...I'll have to try the muffin version. Who needs healthy anyways?! ;-)
    Your brown sugar pork chops sure do look good. You're making me hungry and I all ready ate...
    Have a great evening!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummy...monkey bread! I've made it a few times and have had the same thing happen to me, not baked in the middle. Ick...I'll have to try the muffin version. Who needs healthy anyways?! ;-)
    Your brown sugar pork chops sure do look good. You're making me hungry and I all ready ate...
    Have a great evening!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like our pork chops cooked in the oven. Batter and season cooked in butter on a cookie sheet, turning once comes out very tender and delicious. I have never had monkey bread before. have a wonderful week..dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!