Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Knock Off Lemonade

The calendar might say September, but the themometer feels more like early August. We have been topping 90* for almost the last week. That means we need plenty to drink. One of those drinks that is refreshing on a hot day is lemonade.
Not just any lemonade, but knock off Chick-fil-* lemonade! (My trusty assistant was in the garage pretending she was in a cave before I asked her to squeeze lemons. ;))
1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup sugar
43 oz cold water
While whisking the juice mix in the sugar. 
Continue to whisk until the sugar is disolved.
While adding the water, whisk away. Have you noticed a theme with the whisking?! That is the key to be sure that your sugar doesn't settle at the bottom. Trust me, I know. I use to work for this restaurant and each batch of lemonade made was 12 quarts. You could always tell when it was poured in the dispenser if it had been whisked well while making. The better it was whisked the less sugar you found settled at the bottom.
As a special treat I put sugar on the rim of the glass. 
Yum!
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting! I will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took 2 of the grands to ChicFilA Monday. My husband had lemonade and I had a sip of his, it was delicious.
    I like going there because the restaurant is so clean and all the workers are pleasant and seem happy to work there. The grands like the play area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I love lemonade, real lemonade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!