Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Preserving the Harvest

The garden is about finished. There are a few remaining tomatoes and then another season will be over. The last couple of days I have been working on the last of the canning.
Grapes were worked down and jelly was made. There was an abundant harvest and I was able to share half of it. 
One gadget that is extremely useful is the scale. I didn't realize how much I would use. 
I pickled some green tomatoes as a gift for my father-in-law. Mike is always disappointed if he doesn't have few jars under the Christmas tree. :)
This is my work area as I working this week. Notice the open window? The weather has been wonderful! It made working such a pleasure.
Here are the goodies from this week. Ready to washed and put away. 
My mom and I combine many of the items in our garden. This is what we were able to put up this year between the two gardens.

8 1/2 pints Grape Jelly
3 quarts Grape Juice
5 pints Pickled Green Tomatoes
96 quarts Green Beans
120 pints Green Beans
108 pints Tomatoes

I am thankful for a successful season and the blessed by the addition to the pantry!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

6 comments:

  1. I love your Blog! You are around the same age of my daughter, and so much like me! (introvert) and a domestic diva!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I love all the grapes you have :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of canning, especially green beans and tomatoes! I know what veggies you all will be eating this winter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Wendi. You've been busy! That's awesome you'll have so many garden goodies all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessings Wendi, my garden was very stingy..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what bounty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!