Tuesday, August 18, 2015

It's Fair Time!

One of our favorite times of the year has arrived. We love going to the fair!
One of the fun things to do is a scavenger hunt. You are given a card and as you walk around a building you read different signs that have the answers. Megan loves this and earned a hat and a flashlight by completing her cards.
The is the first year we have seen this booth. Megan loved shooting! She did really well and the officer even asked if she had shot a gun before. I love that my girl wasn't afraid to do this. 
The 4-H buildings are probably my favorite area. I am always amazed by how creative everyone is.
Scattered throughout the exhibits is hands on activities. Here Megan was stamping leather to make a necklace.
Finally we made it to the animals. This made one little girl very happy!
You have to eat at least one bad for you thing while at the fair.
My second favorite area is where the old time things are displayed. 
This is an example of a 1940's electric kitchen. 
Oh, how far we have come!

Chuck could have spent hours here watching the old machinery work. If money was no object his dream would be to run an old time sawmill. 
This is the last year that Megan will be able to go through the farm to market display. :(
There is always so much to see and do. Thanks to another year of fun and great memories!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!