Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Home

After being on the go often and having other things make it to the top of the list we decided that we needed a home day.
For the first time since summer began all of the laundry was washed, ironed, folded and put away. This makes me happy, happy, happy!
The raised beds that we used for early spring crops needed some TLC.
My hard working hubby did a lot of work not only to help clean them out but also to fix the fencing. I love that he not only works hard, but enjoyings working. 
They are ready for fall plants. I hope to sow some seeds in the next week.
I was able to dead head my flowers before giving them a good drink.
While we worked Megan was here and there. She worked some along side us and played some.
Fencing that was taken down to remove part of a storm damaged tree was put back up.
Green beans are done for the year. The were pulled up and picked the lazy mans way.
After a productive day we sat on the swing and enjoyed being home.
Home is the nicest word there is. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

Well said, Laura. It is one of my favorite places to be. Especially when I am surrounded by my family.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
 

6 comments:

  1. Wendi I love this post...I love a day at home everyday. And when the family is home it is even better. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that rare moment when all of the laundry is done! You guys have been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is Joy! I love to be home. It's such a comfort to be home and to accomplish all my chores and like Amber said in that rare moment when the laundry is done...I am giddy!! We've had a lot of work being done this summer from those damaging hail storms, so we have been busy busy repairing things. We should have our house painted this coming up weekend..Yay! I'm ready for this part to be complete! Much more to go and Praising God along the way!

    I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Blesings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home is Joy! I love to be home. It's such a comfort to be home and to accomplish all my chores and like Amber said in that rare moment when the laundry is done...I am giddy!! We've had a lot of work being done this summer from those damaging hail storms, so we have been busy busy repairing things. We should have our house painted this coming up weekend..Yay! I'm ready for this part to be complete! Much more to go and Praising God along the way!

    I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Blesings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home is Joy! I love to be home. It's such a comfort to be home and to accomplish all my chores and like Amber said in that rare moment when the laundry is done...I am giddy!! We've had a lot of work being done this summer from those damaging hail storms, so we have been busy busy repairing things. We should have our house painted this coming up weekend..Yay! I'm ready for this part to be complete! Much more to go and Praising God along the way!

    I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Blesings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize people still ironed laundry before putting it away. Yikes! I grab the clothes and put them on hangers as soon as the dryer buzzes to keep from getting wrinkles. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!