Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Small Transformation

While weeding and trimming bushes I noticed how faded our address sign looked. I knew that something needed to be done about it.
The sign was taken down and off to the hardware store we went. I picked the closest green spray paint I could find. 
I gave the gave the sign a good clean and then painted it. Don't forget to paint the screw heads that will show!
Once done I decided that it needed a little dimension. The previous sign had light green highlights. Since I didn't want to spent addition funds I pulled out the paint I used on our window boxes and wiped it over the raised areas. 

The numbers were also painted this color. Once dry and put back together it was placed back on our home. You'll have to use a little imagination to see the finished product as I don't feel comfortable putting our complete house numbers on here. I am sure you understand.
Notice the screws? Imagine how this would look with brass or stainless steel screw heads showing. The attention is in the details, my friend. ;)
By using Chucks' military discount we were able to complete this project for $3.41! Plus we have plenty of green spray paint left. I consider the cost and elbow grease well worth it for a sign that looks new again.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!