Wednesday, August 05, 2015

A Peek At My Garden

Despite the rain (13 inches in July alone!) and the weeds the garden has done well.
Megan was excited about the carrots she grew.
After the carrots were dug the raised beds were prepared for fall planting. I think we will try a fall crop of carrots. 


It is starting to wind down now. This is last of the green beans. It yielded 21 quarts. 
There has been plenty to eat, give away and store up. I call that a successful season!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great growing season for you. I can't believe you've had so much rain! We had a ton of rain in June and none in July except a few sprinkles here and there. Our gardens are dried up and the plants are dying because we aren't watering much due to having to conserve water. It's a bummer, but it's part of gardening. We surely can't control the weather! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is some harvest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much rain here but everything is doing good. We are making salsa today. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is a lot of beans! We've had quite a few, though not that many. We give away what we can't eat, because we don't care for them once they're canned.

    I think our carrots are a ways off yet. We have been getting several bell peppers. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic!! Enjoy all that yummy fresh food :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of rain in June records amount. July has been rainy ..with more days of sun then we saw in June. With all the rain the weeds have taken my garden over. I have not gotten much from it. I love your raise beds. I have been wanting raise beds for the last few summers. Maybe next year??

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been very dry here. We did get a little rain last week and it looks like it might rain in a little bit. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!