Friday, July 24, 2015

Saving in the Kitchen

Happy Friday! I don't know about you but I am sooooo ready for the weekend. I would like to say that I have great plans. In a few minutes my ride will be here and I will be heading to the hospital where my dad will be undergoing surgery. Praying things go smoothly and the recovery is quick. 

Anyway, on to more pleasant things. ;) One thing that Chuck and Megan enjoy is cheese sauce when it is taco night. When I make a batch or we open a jar of queso it tends to go bad before it is used up. My solution is to freeze the leftover. 
I put a serving size into a muffin tin and freeze. Once frozen they pop out then are stored in a freezer bag.
I am able to pull out what is needed and then microwave it.  This not only cuts down on waste, but is a good way to control portions. 

Due to some changes we need to make every penny count. One way to stretch the budget is to reduce waste in the kitchen.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

3 comments:

  1. Very smart. I love learning small tips like this. Saying a prayer for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendi, Aw I will say a prayer for your dad. That is a great idea. God Bless your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your dad is doing well. Freezing the cheese is a neat idea, sadly I can't keep anything long enough for it to go bad with a 15-year-old boy. :) I'll have to remember this for in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!