Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Flower Pot Cake Stand

I have been feeling the urge to create and also change some things up around here. As always I want my changes to meet my very small budget. One of the changes I have been pondering is my table center piece. Meet my new creation.
I knew I wanted a glass plate for the top. I picked this up for $0.99 at a thrift store.
It exceeded my expectation with the basket weave pattern.
I painted an inexpensive flower pot.
I used the fantastic E6000 glue to attach the two together. 
Wallah, a new cake stand is born!
It has already been put to good use.
A summertime tradition of "Virginia Cake" awaited my family.

This was an easy project that will allow me to change out the center piece to fit the season or my mood. ;)

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

4 comments:

  1. This is a really cute idea! I don't know what happened to my cake plate in our move, but I think I may have to make one. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your creative ideas! It looks lovely and that lemon cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! My husband would love that cake

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!