Monday, June 22, 2015

Just Your Average Monday

I awoke to a wonderful Monday morning. The sky is blue, the clouds are fluffy, the sun is shinning, birds are sings and there is a gentle breeze.
The littles and I made a quick trip to the grocery store early this morning. I like to get out when the traffic is light and the store isn't full of crazy. Just a quick trip for fresh fruit, milk, lunchmeat and such. Then Megan was dropped off at my parents. She has plans to go swim with her cousins. While we were there Abe lost his first tooth! I so wanted him to lose it while at home, but it wasn't meant to be.
Then it was home. After the groceries were put away two little boys were begging to go out and play catch. I have tons of things to do, but who could say no to outside on such a beautiful day.:)
 While they played I sat on the back porch soaking in the beauty and listening to a sermon. Although we were at church yesterday we missed the sermon as we were serving in the childrens department.
 After a wonderful morning it was time to get busy. We ventured inside for lunch.
 While the boys rested I worked on some task.
 When the boys were finished resting we joined Megan at the pool.
 We returned home and soon after the boys headed home for the day. Megan and I picked up, walked through the garden and waited for Chuck to return home. When dinner was complete it was time to make another trip to the hardware store. 
We are now in the drywall phrase of the garage. Woot! Woot!

Flowers were watered and Megan played in the yard for a little bit. Then it was time to head in for the night. Once everyone settled in for a little bit it was time to gather for devotions and then to read from our chapter book.
As I was sitting on the porch after a full day all I could think is that life is really, really good. Not perfect by any means, but I am thankful that there is enough joy to make life enjoyable.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wendi - Your day sounds like it was full of many little joys! I love when I'm aware of the blessings of life. It makes life so much more meaningful when I'm intentional about savoring the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi, what a cute toothless grin! Can I be jealous of your backyard? It looks like it would hold our whole lot and house included. :) Thanks for linking up with Thankful Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds wonderful! Full of blessings. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a wonderful relaxing day. I get such pleasure from seeing homemaking photos, whether it's the dreaded laundry or just a simple lunch for the family. Love it :)

    Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!