Monday, June 15, 2015

Back at It

Chuck returned to work this morning. He was off a week, then worked a week, and then was off again last week. Our garage project is coming along slowly, but surely. We were out and about more then normal with trips to the hardware store. I admit that lead to us eating out more then normal for the week. Project or no project is time to reign in the spending and get back at our normal, frugal, way of living.

It has been very warm here. That means that turning on the oven is not a good thing. As we all know that adds extra heat to our homes. I had some bananas that needed had to be used. I mixed up the dry ingredients and got everything ready the night before. That way it could go in the oven first thing in the morning.
While I was puttering around in the kitchen I threw some oatmeal in the crock pot.
A healthy, low cost breakfast was waiting when the little were ready to eat.

I also completed my menu for the week. Most of the things on my menu can be prepared on the grill. I love making meals on the grill!
The to do list is ready so I can get things done!
There is something about making items off a list that keeps me motivated.
A long over due thank you note was slipped in the mail.
A sweet friend mailed me a surprise package. Now that makes you feel loved and appreciated!

Now it is time for me to go and get some things marked off my list!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't baked anything for a long time. Not really because of the weather, but rather because I've been too busy to bother! I'm planning on using our cherries to make a rustic cherry pie this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, those new labels are perfect for you! I have to have a to do list or else I get distracted by a dozen other things.

    I haven't used my oven on hot days either. I used my crockpot and the meal was delicious but it puts off heat too. Husband got a new grill but it caught on fire and was sent back. He ordered a different one and it will come tomorrow. I'll be glad when he can grill our supper again.

    Hope you have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like having a list too. It seems to keep me focused on what I am supposed to be doing. We like to grill out. It does keep the house cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it was a good week and this one is even better for you!
    God bless you. Wish we could meet in person.
    I'm in Missouri.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Wendi ... thank you so much for your visit to my blog. I always love hearing from you. Sweet and simple pleasures for your summer. Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!