Friday, May 22, 2015

Wrap Up

The last couple of weeks have been extra busy. The school year has wrapped up and there were many activities.
Abe graduated from kindergarten. 

There was field day full of lots of water fun and ice cream.
The last big project of third grade was writing first person biographies and putting on what was called a wax museum.  Each student dressed in character and then recited the story of their persons life. Above you can see Betsy Ross and Clara Barton.
Finally school has ended. I think I might be more excited then Megan.  There were awards and then the annual balloon launch.  Each student writes a Bible verse on the card attached to their balloon in the hope that it will spread the gospel. 
I have this last area to paint on the back porch.  It will be the second coat and then the painting is complete.  The roof was installed this week.  We about killed ourselves getting the second coat on the rafters the night before the roof installation. 
I plan to paint this afternoon and then spend the weekend getting everything clean and tidy. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am looking forward to marking this project off of my list.

Next week Chuck is on vacation and the boys will be taking their family vacation also. Our little family will be staying home. We are looking forward to completing or at least starting some projects and spending some time enjoying each other. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
 

1 comment:

  1. The end of school, it's such a wonderful time of year! I love, love, love all of your flowers! I have an old bucket that was left here that I use as a flower pot. Painting - yuck! Hopefully, my bathroom will be repainted in the next few weeks. It's a job I look forward to, but then again, I don't. I would love to have a painting fairy to take of the work, so I could just enjoy the benefits of a fresh coat of paint. I hope you all have a Happy Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!