Monday, May 04, 2015

Weekend Happenings

What a great weekend! The sky was blue, the sun was shinning and finally the temperatures are rising. We had a wonderful time slowly going about our task. Friday night Chuck helped Megan put together a kit from the hardware store.
Most of Saturday was spent outside. I did some weeding and thinned some plants, Megan played and once again we ate dinner outside. There is something about eating on the back porch that makes dinner slow and more enjoyable.
Most of Sunday was spent on the go. Here we are Sunday morning ready to roll. Chuck's work partner retired last week and we attended a wonderful luncheon to honor him. I know Chuck is going to miss working with Gary. 
Once home we readied that last two raised beds. 
Peas were planted in one and the other is waitng for some strawberry plants to be added. 
I am once again working on painting the inside of my kitchen cabinets. Megan put the last coat on the shelves and I hope to get the cabinet put back together tomorrow and start the next one. It is certainly a time consuming project, but the results are fabulous.
The big garden was tilled! Thanks to my wonderful dad and his lovely assistant.
I can't tell you how happy I am that the weather has broke. I am an outside girl and love this time of year!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

3 comments:

  1. I am happy about the warm weather too! Love the family picture of the 3 of you! Garden is coming along nicely... nothing better then receiving the freshness of good food right from our back yard. Have a lovely day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Family pic. Looks like a wonderful blissful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love time at home..there is nothing like it. Wow ~ you are painting your cabinets. You are so brave. Can't wait to see them. What a great helper you have. Our weather has turn the corner also. I love being outside too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!