Thursday, May 28, 2015

Fire!

We had our first fire of the season which delighted Megan. She has been asking for quite a while and we told her that we would have one sometime this week. She had been not always patiently waiting for this to happen.  We keep looking at the clouds wondering if it would or wouldn't rain. Finally I said lets just go for it. We felt a few rain drops here and there and thankfully that was it. 
I didn't have graham crackers for the the s'mores so I substituted chocolate chip cookies. Sometimes in making do you find a great alternative. I loved this!
Although I am not a fan of pictures of myself you might start to see a few more. I am who I am and if I hide behind the camera my future family members may wonder if I actually enjoyed and took part in the life I was given. The answer to that is a definate yes! I may not be happy with my picture, but I am certainly happy with my life. 
One happy little girl! The late night wore her out. As I type this at almost 8:30 she is still sound asleep. I am enjoying the slower pace of summer and vacation!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
 

5 comments:

  1. So much fun! We've been able to enjoy a couple of campfires as well! The s'mores made with the chocolate chip cookies look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm smores made with chocolate chip cookies! Will have to try that! Great to see you in photos, I'm like you always behind the camera! Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to try chocolate chip cookie s'mores!! Jonathan is bugging me for a fire, too, we must do that soon. I can really identify with your reluctance to be photographed. I HATE having my picture taken and I need to loosen up a little in front of the lens. Like you, I am afraid I won't leave behind too many pictures for my children and grandchildren. I enjoy my life, too!! Keep stepping in front of the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love campfires! The cookie idea sounds really good. I know exactly what you mean about having your picture taken. I have a hard time having mine taken. However I do believe it is important. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also love our bonfire pit. We did this a few weeks back! It was so nice! Love your pic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!