Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Straight to the Heart

The other morning I was having my quiet time and there was a quote that really struck me. 

  "Sometimes I feel guilter for what I am not than thankful for what I am" 
I guess that shoots straight to the heart of the matter. I don't know anyone that doesn't judge themselves according to others. Or sometimes sigh and think that life must be better for the person next to them.
It is easy to look at others and see their worth. I know many times I judge myself harshly and can't see my own worth. It's a huge struggle for me. I am thankful for a husband that gently reminds me from time to time that I am my worse critic. :)

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

Dear Heavenly Father,
Help me to celebrate who I am made to be, and not who I wish I were. You had a plan for my life before I was formed. Please help me to see my worth through your eyes.
Amen

 May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

1 comment:

  1. Wendi,

    Such a great quote! Sometimes it is easier to find faults in others than to see it in ourselves as well. I too, am slowly changing to allow God to work on seeing myself as He sees me.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!