Monday, April 20, 2015

Splurge

I have been putting a little bit of my babysitting money away for a splurge.
I have wanted this sink for a long, long time and finally it became a reality.
I know that many are in love with stainless steel, but it has never been my thing. 
It certainly served its purpose. It just didn't bring me joy.

This baby enamaled cast iron and it is heavy! Chuck had to inlist some help to get it in. First my dad helped. Something wasn't right and it needed to come out so in came helper number two. My father-in-law helped to pull it out and reset it.

Ta-da!

Swoon! I love, love, love it! It brightens up this space and gives the farmhouse feel that I like. I am tweeking a few things in this area to create a sun shiny space to do work. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you Wendi! We'd like to eventually get the porcelain farmhouse sink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Wendi ... we have a stainless steel kitchen sink and I have often thought how I would like to have a farmhouse kitchen sink. I love the looks of your enameled cast iron sink. I especially love how you have put away bits of money toward something that you have so wanted and now you are able to enjoy that little treasure. I hope that you have a blessed week as you enjoy your new kitchen sink. Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely. It sure does brighten up the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Wendi, I would love to have one also. Thank for the inspiring of saving for it. I love the idea of a bright happy place to work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!