Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Crisping the Greens

I recently learned there is a better way to make a crisp salad. You take your greens of choice (don't judge my choice it was slim picking Sunday afternoon at W*l-Mart) and soak them for a couple of minutes in luke warm water. I have always used cold water but apparently the warm water opens the pours in the lettuce.
Drain and then add to a bowl of ice water for a minute or two.
Next you drain and dry your lettuce well. I received a salad spinner for Christmas, but dish towels or paper towels work just as well.
I then put it into jars and now I have crisp greens waiting for lunch.
Now I know the secret as to why the restaurant salads always tasted more crisp and fresh then my salad at home. You learn something new every day!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

5 comments:

  1. Well, I am going to try this. I am on a salad kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! I will try this as well! Thank for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this. You do learn something new every day. I'll have to try this after my next grocery shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew this! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this trick! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!