Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Chunk of Wood

There was a black cherry tree in our yard that died. When it was cut down Megan asked for a slice of the trunk.
It sat around on the back porch floor all of last summer. Quite frankly it annoyed me as it always seemed to be in the way. This spring it has been put to good use. It now has a place of honor in the middle of the outside table.
It covers the hole for the umbrella. (Which we don't need since we have a covered porch.) It gives this plain jane flower pot a little pop.
It helps to hold down the table cloth on windy days.
It serves a trivit for hot dishes
It serves as base for a game of tag.
It serves a steering wheel for little imaginations.

Who knew that the annoying chunk of wood from last year would bring so much pleasure this year. This goes to show once again that it really is the simple things that bring joy!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

4 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how this post touched my heart. Thank you for sharing.

    Isn't it neat that when it was a teeny, tiny part of a tree, it was dying. But, when it was separated, and given the opportunity to stand on its own, it has exceeded all expectations!

    What a tale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! Love this post!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to objects I wondered why we had then found great purpose later for it. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!