Monday, March 30, 2015

Thankful

I have been weary. Oh so weary. To the point where I have been going through the motions. I can't put into words what the issue is. Truly I don't know.

My life is good and when I think about how I could be weary when I am so blessed it makes it worse. I wonder how I can struggle when all my needs are met. I have a loving husband, the daughter I prayed so long for, a nice place to live, food, clothing. You get the picture.

I have been tired, had a lack of energy and feel like life has been passing me by. There have been request for outings, request for meals for new babies and I have let it all pass me by. I hate that I couldn't step up, but I didn't feel like I could not take on one more thing. Sigh.

Fast forward to Friday... I wasn't sure I could do it. You know, fake it till you make it. I was drained. I had a headache, four kids to care for and an outing planned. I felt like crying, but instead I prayed. I called out to my Savior and layed it all out.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 

I am thankful that He not only listens to my cries but answers them.

As I write this it is almost three. I am watching the baby sleep and the big kids playing. I felt like crying again.  This time tears of thankfulness. My Lord has taken my burden, my weariness, and given me a day filled with delight.

I was brave and not only took the kids to a Silly Safari program but also inside Chick-fil-A for lunch. The kids were well behaved, funny and loving. They told me mutliply times they love me and someone gave me a heartfelt compliment. I am still weary but I feel like my spirit is being renewed. 

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

I am thankful.

 May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

5 comments:

  1. Oh my dear sweet friend, how I have felt that way and I am actually there at the moment but you are so right, God is so good and faithful! He is always on time. He gives us strength. He is amazing. Love you and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing from your heart, Wendi. I can certainly relate to much of what you said. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been right there where you are., just recently in fact. It's amazing at how the Lord brings peace and contentment when we call his name and lay all our burdens upon him.

    I'm dropping a note to others about a new linkup I'm starting on Thursday of this week. It is going to be a Thankful Thursday linkup every week. I'll be sharing more about it on my blog and I would love for you to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're going through this.,
    I'm just getting over a 3 month long bad reaction to some prescription blood pressure medicine, I'll blog about it soon but it was awful and I had no idea what was wrong. Look deep, there may be a physical cause to this that you've overlooked. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is funny how moms feel this way, yet it seems like we are the only ones going through things like this... I know how you are feeling from time to time. So thankful the Lord carries us through! Also, I always try to remember that there are others that are dealing with things much more difficult than I am. In this, I am reminded to be grateful! We must pray for and encourage one another! Thank you for sharing your heart with your readers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!