Monday, March 23, 2015

Rice in the Crock Pot

I had no I idea that rice could be made in the slow cooker. I wish I had known about this little gem a long time ago!
I used a 1 lb bag of rice, 6 cups of water, 2 cups of chicken broth (optional as you could use water only), 1/2 cup diced carrots (again optional).
Throw it all into the slower cooker and cook 2 hours for white and 4 hours for brown rice. 
Unfortunately I let mine cook a little bit too long. Oops! It is still good, just changed the texture a little. 
I served it as a side with grilled chicken and green beans. Then I divided up the rest and put it into the freezer. I foresee adding cream of chicken, maybe broccoli and cheese. Really the possibilities are endless.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know this either. Great to know. Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! My entire family loves rice so I will definitely love trying some of the variations you did on yours.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I didn't realize you could cook it in the slow cooker either! My girls love rice :-) Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I didn't know you could do that either. It looks very good and I will have to try that next time I make rice.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made dishes that have rice in them in the slow cooker, but never thought to use it as a rice cooker. Cool tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!