Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Little Inspiration

There were some pink and white wooden letters that spelled Megan's name hanging on the wall of her room. I didn't put them back on the wall when I updated her room but hung on to them. I wanted to keep them but I wasn't sure what to do with them.
I saw this picture on another blog and was inspired.
I painted the letters with leftover purple paint.
I purchased some scrapbook paper that just happened to be on clearance. Yes!
Using spray adhesive I mounted the scrapbook letters to the wood and then used an exacto knife to trim them to size. 
I painted a piece of wood from Chuck's scrap bucket using the same gray as the room walls. This is the piece to mount the letters onto. 
They were attached using hot glue.
This sits on the back of her desk. I love the way it turned out!
This was a frugal makeover as other then time it cost under $2.00. Bonus is that I have enough scrapbook paper leftover for another craft project already in the works.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute and looks expensive, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!