Monday, February 09, 2015

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

Even though we haven't had much snow there are still those dreary days of winter. I picked up a bouquet of sunshine while at Aldi. Amazing how this little bit of summer can lift my spirits.
It feels like forever since I have been to my little home on the web. I started a new inhaler last week for my bronchitis and it has helped tremendously. I still have a cough, but it is better. My energy level is returning. Thank goodness!
We were invited to a homeschool skating party. Megan hit the rink with no problem. I even completed a lap or two. Wow! it has been a long time since I have been on skates!
We are trying hard to eat better.
The Game of Life was a Christmas gift for Megan. It is a fun game!
As always I am looking for ways to save on groceries.
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

7 comments:

  1. Really good to hear that you are doing better. It is always good to look for joy in the small things around us. We are trying to eat better, too. It is a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are getting treatment that helps. It is really hard to be happy and do what we want when we feel bad.
    Those valentine alligator plates are so cute- and so is the way you arranged your Aldi flowers.

    Add me to the list of trying to stretch dollars. I'm couponing and shopping multiple stores and switching up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better! Your little touches of spring are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are feeling better. Those coughs last forever!! yuck. My youngest is home sick with a head cold.. I'm just waiting to catch it.
    Flowers make the world a happy place! Like you, I'm enjoying the simple beautiful things around me. The good news.. it is already Feb 10.. spring is getting closer!!

    I am doing terrible at the eating better thing. I am working out with the trainer twice a week and on my own ( not so hard) a few times a week.. and I think I have told myself that it's ok to eat junk since I worked out. I've gotta break this habit so all of my hard work aka aching body.. isn't for nothing. : )

    Have a great tuesday!!! stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear you are feeling better!

    Yes we should soak in Joy daily!

    I love your little basket of fresh flowers. It's such a nice little added touch to bring in some happiness to those dreary days. Good thing Spring is just around the corner!

    I hope you have a wonderful day and a Blessed Valentine's Day too!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are feeling better. Your flowers look so happy and cheerful. Keep up the good work on eating better. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendi ~ aw sorry your feeling bad, Spring is coming! Spring seems to make everything better doesn't it.
    Lovely flowers..I love buying flowers in the winter. To brighten those grey long winter days. Great well soon my friend.

    Blessing to you
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!