Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Valentine Fail (Sort of)

Saturday morning I was up early setting the table to show my family a little Valentine love.
The hearts scattered on the table were scripture about love. They were part of the craft for sunday school. 
Megan filled a cute faux milk jar with these cute M&M's for me.
Here is is where the fail (sort of) comes in .  I made these muffins. As you can tell they look nothing like the muffins I originally made. I still can't figure out what I did wrong. The hope was that they would taste better then they looked. Nope. Chuck, bless his heart, said they aren't that bad. Yeah right! I had to choke down my bite. Chuck saved the day by pulling out the waffle maker and getting busy. In the end all was well. :)
Megan received an apron that I had gotten for free with a gift card that I received in the mail and then we put money in her bag. Can you tell she was excited!?  
She is a frugal girl and had just used the last of an Amaz*n gift card she received for her birthday. (Back in July) She had been asking how she could add more to her account (really our account) so at the last minute we decided to do this for her. I am so glad we did as her reaction was great!

It is nice to take the time to make my family feel a little extra love. My hope is that they feel the love I have for them everyday. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

7 comments:

  1. That's what love really is right? Filling in the #fail moments for each other😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love this post! You made it so special for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you put a grin on my face tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That muffin recipe is ones of made for at least 30 years, they are delicious when they work.
    I've had a couple of cooking oops this week, I made a triple batch of freezer biscuits and forgot to add the salt, they bake up fine but just taste flat. I guess I can serve them with salty gravy.
    Then I made a batch of bread dough in the machine and forgot to add yeast. I was able to rescue it by mixing it again with some dissolved yeast.

    So here's to some kitchen success to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made great memories and in the end that is all that counts!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great day. I love the expression on Megan's face. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just being together with family is all the love you need.... looks like a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!