Saturday, January 10, 2015

Not According to Plan

I had a list of things that I wanted to accomplish after Christmas. The only thing that has been marked off of the list is putting away the Christmas decor. I ended up not feeling well the evening of Christmas and we seem to keep passing it around. Nothing major... sore throats, coughs, stuffy nose... just the normal winter yuck. For me that means that it has settled into a lingering cough. I have barely left home. In fact we haven't been to church in two weeks and I am not sure if we will make it tomorrow. The plus side is that I don't feel bad; I just sound like I do.

Megan loves to fix things.  She had her chance the other evening.  We went to turn on the dishwasher and nothing happened. 
Thankfully there was only a wire that had come loose.  Chuck fixed it and then Megan put the dishwasher back together.  I love having a handy family!

The kids are still having fun playing with new toys. 
It has been very cold this week.  One morning I took Megan to school and the van was reading -4. Brrr! That means I have been making stick to your ribs comfort food.
Megan has always been helpful, but she is really showing initative lately.  She gently pushed me aside one evening and said she would load the dishwasher.  
No problem! 

I had great plans for getting things accomplished and blogging more.  Well, you can see that didn't go according to plan!  I am hoping for a week with less of the winter yuck and more energy to get some things done.  No worries... life is always good!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

3 comments:

  1. Oh no Wendi I am sorry you got that yuck! My sister has had it too so I am trying to stay away from her. I pray you feel better soon! Life rarely goes as planned does it? You did blog and got Christmas put away, those are good things!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sick is no fun! But you did great getting your holiday stuff put away. (My tree and outdoor lights are still up!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best layed plans.. we can't change what happens to us. Just go with the flow and we will all be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!