Thursday, January 22, 2015

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.

It has been a chocolate kind of week. Grandma Barbara (Chuck's step-grandmother) had a heart attack Tuesday afternoon. The left side of her heart is dead and the right side has severe blockage. She doesn't want surgery, which is good, because at 91 the doctors said it wasn't likely she would survive. She is moving into hospise care and they are trying to manage her pain. She is a strong women who was still active and living on her own. It is difficult to see her suffer. We are praying that her pain can be controlled and they she will not linger and suffer. So like I said a chocolate kind of week.
Monday afternoon I helped Megan make a blanket for her favorite stuffed dinosaur.
The sun was shinning the first part of the week. It certainly lifts my spirit when the sun is shinning. 
I have been working on projects for Megan's room. I am in love with this color. It looks a little more blue in the picture then it is. It is more of a turquoise color in real life.
Megan had a it hurts to swallow kind of sore throat last week. My dad picked up her school work and we had school at home in our pajamas. I could get use to that!  
I received new dished for Christmas and then another set from my parents for my birthday. I loved my other dishes, but they weren't holding up well with young children. So many bowls had been broken or chipped that was becoming a problem. It is back to good ol'Corelle!
I think the dainty design is super pretty.

Sometimes life is rough. I find in those moments it more important to find joy in the ordinary.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

3 comments:

  1. Aw praying for Megan, hopes she is feeling better. Maybe one day you cld homeschool. I love having my little ones home also. eww I love that color..whats the name of it? thxs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's grandma. It is so hard to see loved ones suffer! My father-in-law had pancreatic cancer and it was a bittersweet relief when he passed away. He was in so much pain.
    Will pray for your family.

    The little blanket is so sweet.♥ I hope Megan is feeling better now! There is so much crud going around right now.

    I love my Corelle dishes. They're so much lighter and easier to stack. Your design is very pretty.

    Hope you have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Chuck's grandmother. I pray God's will to be done concerning her. The blanket is super cute. I think the color is very pretty. What is the name of it? It reminded me of a color we used to call country blue. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!