Friday, January 16, 2015

Homemade Laundry Revisted

I had been putting off making laundry soap. One Sunday I came home and went to start laundry and there was only enough for one load. Okay, okay... time to stop putting it off.
I might as well restock everything and while I was at it check my figures to be sure this was still the frugal thing to do.
Laundry soap calculated to be $0.03 a load.  I use a 1/8 cup scoop per load.
I made a double batch of fabric softer (about 152 oz)for $3.04. 
A container of stain remover was $1.32
Yup, making it myself is still the frugal thing to do.  A productive, money saving afternoon and my assistant was awfully cute and helpful!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

6 comments:

  1. What a frugal investment! How long will this supply last you?
    Have you ever tried making dishwasher detergent? I read something about using baking soda and Dawn, but I was afraid of clogging my dishwasher drain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your helper is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about doing this for years and hope to try it sometime in the near future. I bought Borax last minute when there was a coupon available. Do you use the Borax/washing soda/Dawn combo? I've come across several recipes but was planning to try that one.

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the links to your recipes?

    By the way, I just nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Check it out on my post:
    http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award-discover-new-blogs.html

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess and I made laundry soap yesterday. I have a post in the making about it. Dave is redoing something on my blog so I have to wait until he is finished updating it. Would you please re post your recipes for laundry soap, stain remover and fabric softener or show the links where the recipes are found. I had all them on my old computer but lost them when it quit working. Thanks again and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making our homemade laundry soap. I started in October. It has been such a money saver, and sanity saver. Could you share your stain remover recipe? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!