Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Feeling the Love

I celebrated my 44th birthday yesterday and felt really loved. School ended up being delayed for 2 hours due to some ice. I didn't wake up until the phone rang at 8 am. I was surprised when I looked at the clock and saw that it was so late. I then heard Chuck talking and knew that he had taken the day off. Sleeping in was such a wonderful gift!
Then my little men showed up with a sweet tea and some homemade magnets.
I was then given notes that Megan had written along with a package.
When I opened the necklace I cried. It is an extremely personal gift. Each night when we put Megan to bed I tell her I love her. Somewhere along the line she started to giggle when I say this and reply with a "I love you more." I will always cherish this gift.
If that wasn't more then enough the love didn't stop there. Chuck made me a flower planter that looks like an old toolbox. Have I mentioned that I love homemade gifts!

The evening ended with dinner out with the in-laws. I might have been a little spoiled yesterday and I sure felt love. I am grateful and realize that I am blessed beyond measure!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

6 comments:

  1. Dear Wendi ... such a sweet day, a day filled with so much love. A belated Happy Birthday to you. Warmest Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Wendi!! we are the same age now :-)
    that necklace is PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those are such sweet gifts! What a precious story about the necklace...memories to treasure. So happy you had a nice birthday with those you love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful presents and surprises. It sure feels good to be loved and appreciated. Happy Birthday! Hope the sweetness lasts all week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. God bless. www.merryheartcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Wendi...What wonderful thoughtful gifts. Blessings to you.

    You have been nominated for the liebster award for more info go here.
    http://simplyfarmhouse.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!