Monday, December 08, 2014

Moving Along

Tis the season to be busy, but we are trying to keep the chaos at a minimum.  I hurt my upper back while exercising so I am sitting with a heating pad during my down time.  Although it is never a good time for something like that to happen this time of year makes it even more of a pain.

All of the Christmas cards have been mailed.  Sending and receiving cards is one of my favorite things about this season.  Sadly it seems that many people no longer do this.
Menus have been planned for the rest of the year.  I am trying to keep the urge to eat out on those busy days at bay.  
I finally had time to make turkey rice soup.  Hmmm... that is one of my favorite things about having leftover turkey.
There is nothing like the smell of bread rising and baking.  Chuck likes it when I use homemade bread to make grilled cheese.  
Megan and I spent several afternoons creating.   She has been making Christmas cards and I have been making some handmade gifts.  
Megan still enjoys helping in the kitchen.  French toast is the newest thing she learned to make.  
As much as I try to keep things slow and simple it seems that days are moving along quickly.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

4 comments:

  1. I love this post...I try to get out some cards each year. I am late this year. I love the menu idea. The soup looks yummy. You are so right, no matter how simple we make life it passes by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the card and letter! Sending cards is one of my favorite Christmas traditions too. There are years that we don't send cards but I really like it when we do! I really enjoy going to the mailbox this time of year and seeing personal cards and letters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on getting all those cards done! I see it's a week later than this post, and I'm still writing when I have a moment. :-)

    Megan is growing up into such a fine young lady! The bread and soup look delicious!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Wendi~

    Blessings,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your write-ups are far more than wow! removal london

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!