Friday, December 19, 2014

Joy in the Ordinary

Look around, really look around and you will find joy... joy in the everyday... joy in the ordinary things.


After an extremely busy week I am ready for slow and easy.
Of course slow and easy doesn't mean there aren't everyday things that must be done.
Considering Eli is four he has done a great job of only looking with his eyes.  I know it is hard to resist touching the ornaments and shiny lights. 
I have been on many field trips with Megan and this trip was by far my favorite.  We went through the halls of nursing home singing carols and handing out Christmas cards.  The kids sang really well and I saw indescribale joy.  I was blessed as much, if not more, then the residents.  I loved it!
Lots of goodies have been coming out the kitchen.  
Megan was given some money and has been purchasing and wrapping the gifts with love.  
The boys point at the count down and remind daddy at pick up each evening how many days are left.  
Sending and receiving cards are one of my favorite things about the season.  
May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're enjoying life as it comes. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Please drop by!

    Happy Christmas,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas card clothesline looks so cute!

    Naomi's having a very hard time not touching our tree. =)

    I caroled with some friends and their young kids at a nursing home several years ago. That is a good idea--thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!