Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Moments

Christmas is always a whirlwind for us. Even though it was busy it was a wonderful time. We started out Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's (Chuck's mom and step-dad).
We were then off for a big family dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday.  
Then it was home to get ready for the big day.
After we had our Christmas at home it was off to Mamaw and Papaw's (Chuck's dad and step-mom).  
We were only able to stay for a couple of hours and then it was off for our last stop at my parents.  I know when some hear how much running we do at Christmas they cringe, but it was all good.  We received some wonderful gifts and when we were putting things away we were pleasantly surprised that we weren't as overwhelmed with stuff as in years past.  

One of our favorite gifts was this DVD.  
Megan may look like a girly girl but she is anything but one.  There is no princess, baby dolls or barbies for my girl so this series of movies is perfect for her.  We all loved it!  I did a little research and there are a total of five DVDS and about 35 books in series.  If you have a boy or a little girl who can run with the boys it is a great series.  The only thing that made me cringe a little bit was that the bad guy used the word "stupid."  (Yes, we are one of those families and I don't mind if you roll your eyes at me!)

Anyway,  I won't be posting anymore this week.  Megan is home all week and Chuck will be here until Friday.  We have a new budget to make and a list of projects to compile for the 2015,  a monthly menu, and some new toys that need to be broken in. :)

Wishing everyone a blessed New Year and sweet memories for 2015! 

  

8 comments:

  1. I did not know about the Sugar Creek Gang series, that might be great for Jonathan! I also need to make a budget and a list of goals/projects/etc for 2015. Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Looks like a wonderful chrismtas. My girls weren't girly girls either.. they would have loved that series.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the running around to do, too with multiple steps, but like you it is all good. It won't always be the case, so I treasure these full days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't use that word either..or anything close to it. I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time. Happy new year!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your family a very happy, healthy new year!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!! I just found your blog and really like it. *U* Looks like you had a lovely Chrstimas and she's adorable in her jammies.
    Happy 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and your family!
    Thanks for the heads up on the Sugar Creek Gang. I am putting that on my list for the future.

    The pictures are so sweet. It looks like you all had great holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!