Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What I've Been Doing

I have been busy cleaning.
A wonderful deep clean that includes things like washing blinds.  Oh how I have I love hate relationship with these things!
My goal is to have a wonderfully clean home in time to deck the halls.  I usually deep clean as I decorate, but I am shooting for a light dust and vacuum only this year.  As I worked in the living room I boxed up tons of toys.  I was tired of fussing with the boys to pick up.  I am going with less is more.  Guess what?  They have only asked about one toy that I packed away!
I may have scared Megan with my purging! I found this note on a stack of things in her room one morning. Ha!
While all this is going on I have been playing some music to inspire me.
While I don't want to rush through Thanksgiving I am aiming for stress free Christmas.  Are you making plans to prepare for the Christmas season?

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

5 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I'm doing the same to my house. Today I'm tackling the master bedroom, yesterday was the living room...
    But in the end, it's all worth it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done this yet but I plan to start soon. I don't want to decorate for Christmas without a clean house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to do this, my extremely busy schedule in Oct (and so far in Nov!) has prevented a deep clean, which I desperately need to do. Even more, I need to purge! So many things I need to get rid of! I am hoping to do a little extra cleaning in the next two weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reminder to get started on deep cleaning for Christmas. Being missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I deep clean as I decorate - which I am in the process of now. We have such a busy next 8 weeks that I needed to start decorating this past weekend (tree went up yesterday - earliest ever!) or we wouldn't get to it until December 20. I actually wouldn't have minded that but my daughter has a big cookie decorating party and (smaller) sleepover and I wanted to have everything decorated before then. I'm sure by New Year's I'll be more than ready to put things away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!