Monday, November 17, 2014

Falling into Winter

It seems that the season of Fall was short lived this year. After some cool, almost cold, days we were able to get out and put some things to rest for the season.
We cleaned out flower beds, put the back porch furniture and all the summertime nick knacks away. Just in the nick of time as that afternoon the wind changed and it has been getting colder by the day. So cold in fact that it seems winter has come early.
Although it is a little early, in my opinion, it sure is pretty! Now my thoughts have turned to cozy things.

Like yummy, filling meals that not only warm us but make my home smell good.  The cold temperatures and snow make me want to hunker down and stay home.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!
  

4 comments:

  1. Same boat here, Wendi. We had sub-zero wind chills today. Feels like January! Brr.

    I made chicken and rice soup and homemade bread--just what we need tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Wendi..we didn't get very warm this summer. It was cooler then normal. I agree winter is early. It is very cold here also. Not much snow we got less then a inch. Soup sounds wonderful...I need to make a pot.
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cold here and I'm not ready...but what else can we do? I'm trying to make time to get back into blogging...won't you please come by and say hello?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold here but no snow at all. Can you believe it's suppose to be in the 50's next week?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!