Monday, October 06, 2014

Time Is Flying By

This morning Megan asked me if I wished it were Friday so we could have the weekend again.  My first thought was yes.  I do love having my family home and a relaxed schedule.  I ended up telling Megan no.  I don't want to wish my life away.  I want to cherish every moment because as all parents know the time goes way to fast!

The past week zoomed by!

We went on a fun field trip to a popcorn store.

I learned some new things and tasted flavors like dill pickle and biscuits and gravy.  I think I will stick with more traditional flavors. :)

As always there are things to be done at home.
I am trying hard for my kitchen to look like this all the time.  It is so easy for the counters and table to get cluttered with lunch boxes, mail and school papers.  It doesn't bring me pleasure when I have to clear clutter before I begin a task.
I have been working on menu planning.
 There is always laundry and something to clean.

We are spending as much time as possible outside.  The weather is changing fast!  We cut grass yesterday afternoon and the wind was quite chilly.
Monthly grocery shopping was completed.  After stopping at three stores I still have a little bit left in the grocery budget.  I was able to stock my pantry as there was a good sale on some canned goods and spaghetti sauce.  I will only need to purchase produce and milk the rest of the month.
 Cooler weather means more evenings indoors.  We love to play games!
I hear so many woman say they could never stay home because it is borning.  I always shake my head when I hear that.  I find that I never run out of things to do.   Actually I feel just the opposite.  I find there is rarely enough hours in the day to complete all the things I would like to do.  I love being home!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


  


6 comments:

  1. Staying home boring???? My heavens, like you I am never bored!
    My days a pretty full, and diverse, so no boredom there....and the food bill can be substantially less as we make more meals from scratch.

    I do have to admit, Friday's are my cleaning days and they can be boring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week. Don't you love it when things are all clean and you can relax. It's the best feeling. A few years ago I bought a 12 panel wooden shoe organizer.. it fits perfect along one of my counter tops and I use it to store mail, bills, man junk, school stuff.. it really helps keep things accessible and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am never bored at home and have enough project that I will need to live until I am 150 to complete them all.
    I am happy for you that your grocery budget stretched and bought so much for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post...I too love staying home.
    I love your kitchen very pretty. your grass looks so green. Our yard needs rain..we aren't that green here. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you! I am never bored and usually go to bed each night with at least one thing left on my to do list. I actually wouldn't mind being a little bored every now and then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is so big and lovely! :) I love all the storage you have...and counter space! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!