Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Soups On!

Fall is letting us know that it is taking over as we have had some chilly mornings and afternoons that are in the low 60's. A perfect time to grab an apron and get busy making something to warm us up.

I decided to make some soup.  I cooked and diced a chicken breast and then add some stock from when I stretched some chicken and couple of a carrots to make a starter for my soup. 


While the carrots softened and the stock cooked down and thickened I baked some cookies. This my week for bake sale at Megan's school.  


After baking cookies I finished up the soup.  


This is favorite for Megan so she was delighted when she saw me dishing this up.  :)

I made a sweet treat yesterday so we didn't need cookies for home.  I froze the remainder of the dough for a quick treat another day.  


 I hear we are going to have a slight warm up this weekend.  Yay!  As much as I love the cozy feeling of soup simmering away I am not quite ready for the cooler day to set in permanently.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!   

7 comments:

  1. I made soup the other day as well. I made a big pot so we've been eating it up for lunch each day. I'm not ready for fall yet either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Wendi!

    I love soup! And I think I could eat soup year round. Well, maybe except on the days that it reaches 100+ out. :-)

    I am always baking and I love to store my cookies in the freezer also. It makes them last a bit longer than if they were in the cookie jar.

    I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    I just love all your comments.

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying the cool down, too. I love to make soups and bake, but usually only in the cooler months, so my family is happy right now. I will miss watermelon and grilling, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love homemade soup and yes it's cool enough to get out those pots and pans and cook again. I do miss the summer we never really had however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks delicious!! Fall is such a great time for baking and we've had some lovely fall weather here. Can't wait for the leaves to change and all the beauty and the crisp fresh air! Have a wonderful night!

    Blessings,
    jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way, Wendi. It's been fun to dip into some fall temps, but I'm not ready to completely say goodbye to summer yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all of the sudden.. I am soooo hungry!! The soup and cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!