Friday, September 19, 2014

Frugal Five

I received a coupon in the mail for free bananas up to $2.00. Many were eaten and then the rest were put in the freezer to use in baking.
I made a trip to the consignment store to finish off Megan's winter wardrobe.  Four pairs of jeans, three dresses, two shirts and a jacket (not pictured) for a price that made me about croak! As my mom gently reminded me it was a significant savings over retail.  Still much more then I wanted to spend.  I need to find a couple good garage sales next summer.  My local friends will have to keep me in the loop for neighborhood sales. :)
While painting the ceiling boards (which seems to be a never ending project!) I ran videos earning swagbucks. 
I used a free sandwich coupon I earned for volunteering at VBS to share with Eli for lunch.
I left the heat in the off position all week.  This 67* temp was about 10:30 on morning.  I am sure you can imagine when I climbed out of bed at six it was a little nippy in my home. I know for many this is a normal setting but I like to be warm and cozy.  I can't say I will continue to leave it off when the next cool down comes through.  :)

So there you go.  I hope this encourages you to do things to save money.  The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more as I see prices of just about everything increase.  I am not sure I will have five things to post about every week as many times my frugal accomplishment is simply staying home and making do with what I have.  I find it encouraging to hear about others frugal adventures.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  

1 comment:

  1. Love these post. I found a sweater, one top and a skirt for lay lay at the Goodwill for $4.50. All in new like condition. I receive free coupons from Kroger's for a 6 pack of toilet paper, One free box of cereal.
    I was giving a lot of tomatoes to can.
    My daughter just blessed me with a arm load of tops that all fit in new condition. So thankful for all the savings I have gotten in the last couple of weeks. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!