Monday, September 22, 2014

Fork in the Road

Chuck and I feel like we have come to a fork in the road. We have both felt like it might be moving to this point for a while. Our church is most certainly having some difficulties. Some conflict of what some members want and the direction the elders are taking the church. In transition because our pastor has decided to leave. (Which we feel might be a good thing.)  We have watched family after family leave for the last two years and it seems that no one cares or seemed to be interested in hearing their reasons for leaving and willing to make any change.

Chuck and I are not conflict people and don't enjoy being surrounded by controversy. We have been going about our business and trying to stay out of all of this. It is difficult when it is all around you and you feel negative energy.

Leaving church yesterday Chuck said this may have been the last straw. Instead of leaving feeling recharged for the week we left with a very upset child. She was sobbing. That is heartbreaking for a parent. Not to go into to many details but Mr. Bandy told the class that it was his last Sunday to teach. I had a long heart to heart talk with him after church and it is a difficult decision he has made to leave. As sad I am that he and his wife will no longer be teaching Megan I understand the direction they feel led to go.

I told Megan that sometimes God will put people in your life for a season. That maybe God used Mrs. Bandy to help Megan transition to attending church and being away from us. (For those of you who have read for a while know that Megan has always dealt with major separation issues.) Mr.Bandy has had a major impact on Megan's spiritial growth. I believe God used him to lead Megan to point where she has daily quiet time and has developed a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I will forever be grateful for the impact they have had in our lives!

I am sure you can imagine that are hearts are heavy for so many reasons. Here we are at this fork in the road trying to decide if we stay with our church or if we chose the fork that takes us down a different path.

On my drive to take Megan to school this morning I was greeted by this site.
The sun was rising, the clouds were rolling through and it seemed the world was bathed in sunshine.  Or should I say SONshine!
I returned home with my restless heart settled.  No, the decision of which fork to take has not been answered but I feel like my heart is at peace. 

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7

I have been reminded that no matter which direction we go, which fork we chose, God will be with us. 
I feel like God used His beauty to sooth me and let me know that no matter what it will be okay.  We will continue to pray about our direction and seek His council.  
The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:26 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
 

6 comments:

  1. I am sure you will find the right path. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry, Wendi. It reminds me of this verse

    "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

    ReplyDelete
  3. Situations like this are so hard because no matter which decision you make, there will be tears and pain. Praying for your family as you follow God's leading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in a similar situation a few years ago. It's hard but you will make the right decision for your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the Lord leads us to another church..by closing one door and open another. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!