Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cinnamon Apple Syrup

I don't know about you but apples say fall to me. I had some apples that needed to be used. They were starting to get soft and have that wrinkly skin. The wheels were turning about what to do with these. I looked up a couple of ideas and then went into the kitchen to get busy.
Cinnamon Apple Syrup

Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
3/4 cup white sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 t corn starch
2 T water
1 t vanilla

Place apples in a sauce pan.  Add sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Mix water with cornstarch and add to mixture.  Mix all ingredients together and then bring to a boil.  Boil for 5 minutes; stirring constantly.  Reduce head to low and cook until syrup is thick and apples are tender.  
You may be looking at the picture above and thinking that is more then a teaspoon of cinnamon.  You would be correct.  I added a tablespoon and it was more cinnamon then I like so I would suggest only a teaspoon.  Live and learn! :)
After a little taste test. I placed these in a jar to be used this weekend.  

Here are a few ideas of how to use these:  over pancakes, waffles or french toast.  As a topping for ice cream or simmered over pork chops when they are just about done.  I might add some chopped pecans to the chops also!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!  
 

3 comments:

  1. YUM!!! This sounds great Wendi. I'm thinking over waffles or ice cream.. or waffles and ice cream.

    Have a great thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am going to try this! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. About how many apples?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!