Monday, August 18, 2014

Frugal Five


Groceries for $1.96.  The drinks are a treat for lunch boxes and were $0.98 each after coupon.  The lettuce and bread were free with a $10.00 purchase.  I was already going there to spend over $10.00 so this was a bonus for that shopping trip!


The air conditioning has been off and the windows open for three days this week.  Mid August in Central Indiana... wow!  


We recently ordered pizza (yes, I know not frugal!)  and they had a deal that you could add on an additional large pizza for $0.30.  The extra pizza was frozen and made for a quick, inexpensive meal on a night when I had no desire to cook.  We still have enough in the freezer for another meal and a lunch or two. 
 

Picking goodies fresh from the garden. 


One the slats on the blind pictured on the left had broken.  The OCD in me can't stand it when blinds don't look nice.  :)  Chuck had saved some slats when he shortened the blinds and had it replaced and looking good as new in just a few minutes.

So there you go.  I hope this encourages you to do things to save money.  The old adage that every penny counts seems to apply more and more as I see prices of just about everything increase.  I am not sure I will have five things to post about every week as many times my frugal accomplishment is simply staying home and making do with what I have.  I find it encouraging to hear about others frugal adventures.   

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your list, Wendi. I have my own list up today. We're getting the same things from our garden. Yum! That front onion of yours is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all the frugal things you do! As my budget gets tighter and tighter, due to rising prices and a growing child, I need to really take heed of all these tips. Lowering the grocery bill is first on my list. We were not too frugal this summer, altho we did not exceed to money I had set aside all winter for some summer fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wendi!

    I like your list. And when you can get an extra pizza for $.30, that is a deal! I really missed having my garden this year. I am so jealous that you have all that produce! I love it when you can get the free products from your local stores. I have been making up a lot of freezer meals. To help on those days I don't want to cook... Every little bit helps. I baked this morning and froze several loaves of pumpkin bread and cookie dough. I just printed off a whole year lesson planner for our school year. Yay!

    I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendi we just spent 3 days and 2 nights in Shipshewana Ind. What a beautiful place. We hung out with the Amish. The weather was beautiful in Ind. Nice and cool. Love the post on being frugal. I need to start posting how we cut cost in our home. Great tips. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!