Friday, August 22, 2014

Behind the Cabinet Door

I don't know what has gotten into me but I have been this cleaning and organizing crazy woman! Everything had to be taken out of the pantry so we could wipe something up.


 Since everything was out I decided to work on a project that has been on my mind for years.  I have wanted to paint the inside of the cabinets white since I painted the outside several years ago.  The white inside made such a huge difference!


From experience I knew that all of those canned goods sliding around would be hard on the painted shelves.  I added some shelf paper to help the shelves wear better.


I love how bright and clean this makes the cabinet look!  I am looking forward to painting the inside of the rest of the cabinets.

I also wiped down and rearranged the cabinet above the dryer.  There was tons of wasted, unused space in here.


I threw out a few things and then moved some things from the cabinet above the washer and the over flow pantry in the spare room closet.  A much better use of this space.  


I have a corner cabinet in the kitchen that has some storage space on the bottom.  This place had become a pit!  


I wiped it out and then put a few items in the give away box.  All of the plastic ware that Megan takes in her lunch (we tried sending real silverware but a few pieces never made it home) was placed in a small cardboard container and then everything I choose to keep was put back in orderly.   


Ahhhh, much better!  Now I have caught the organizing bug and hope to continue cleaning and organizing behind the cabinet doors.  

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

4 comments:

  1. Good work! I know these improvements will make you smile every time you look in one of your newly organized cabinets.
    I think they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful! I am wanting to do this and purge so many things from our home, but so far no time to do it in-depth. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job Wendi, goodness. And I love the white pantry, I would have painted the shelves white as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Wendi,
    It's nice to 'meet' you. Your shelves look very nice and organized. :-) I need to do the same thing. It doesn't take long for things to get messed up!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!