Thursday, July 03, 2014

United States Shaped Flag Cookie

If you need a simple and fairly quick item for a 4th of July gathering here you go.  I made this last week for a get together.


You can find the instructions and a much better version of the United States here. I made two on the same cookie sheet and the bottom of the United States ran together and really messed it up. Making Texas huge and Florida too short.   Bummer!

 The only changes I would make is to use cookie dough from scratch. I didn't care for the store bought stuff. I also slid a map of the United States under the parchment paper and then carefully slid it out when done instead of tracing it on the parchment paper. Oh, and you might not want to put your cookies too close together if baking two on one sheet! :)

Our 4th will consist of grilling out, parades, fireworks, a gathering with friends and hopefully a project or two worked on.  Happy 4th of July!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!


3 comments:

  1. It still turned out super cute! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I love it! And my boys love sugar cookies.

    We are going to some friends for a Celebration BBQ. It will be so nice not to have to do all the cooking this year!

    Enjoy and have a Happy Fourth of July, Wendi!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks very cute! Thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!