Monday, June 09, 2014

Clothesline Prayers

Several years ago I participated in a themed swap. I believe the theme of the swap was clean. Anyway, one of things I received from Mary Ann was a small bag of clothes pins.  She included a note that said I should write the names of family members on them so that I would remember to pray for them as I was hanging out laundry.


Years later and I am still doing this.  Not only for family members but anyone that needs prayer.  A classmate of Megan's that is going in the mission field for two years, a classmate that has returned home to Burma, our church and so on.



Not all of the pins have names.  There are times when I don't pull any name out of the bag and then other times the line is full of names.



I will admit that I am good about praying when I receive a request but not always great about continuing to pray for that need.  This is a great way for me pray for those that are asking for prayer and for those that I care about.

Prayer is such an important part of being a Christian and a great way to encourage and uplift one another.  I would love to hear how you keep your prayer life for others fresh and active.

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

9 comments:

  1. Wendi - That is such a great way to be reminded to pray for those around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi, I love this post. What a great idea to prayer for others. Thank you for posting this. Have a wonderful day In IN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I love it! If you will, please link this post up on my link-up party at somuchathome.blogspot.com
    Thanks,
    Mrs. Chris Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, Wendi! I love it!

    Hope you and your sweet family are doing well!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo everyone else--great idea!

    I still use a couple things I got in the "clean" swap also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's awesome! I have some names on some of my clothespins too--it's a great reminder to pray!

    I still use some of the items I got from you and Monica in that clean swap too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this!! What a great way to pray for someone and to be reminded todo so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! There is a clothesline at our new house, so I will definitly do this. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!