Monday, June 23, 2014

Blooming Treasures

We just returned home from a week at the beach.  While we were gone there was plenty of rain and hot and humid weather.  That left the yard a jungle.  First we tackled the lawn and then I gave my plants a little TLC.  I grabbed my camera when I went to check for any lurking weeds.

We'll start with my view while sitting on the back porch.


 Clematis

 Tickseed

Next we'll visit the back porch. 




When we arrived home I looked out the kitchen window and noticed my hanging baskets looked different.  At first glance I thought that maybe my mother-in-law had trimmed them back.  No.  As my father-in-law says my mil is a flower killer!  She didn't water them enough and killed them.  She was kind enough to replace them. :)


Follow me along the walk to the front yard.  On the way we can peek at the petunias along the garage windows.

Now we are out front.  This wagon greets you as you come up the walk to the front door.


The window box impatient plants are gorgeous this year.



There are a couple patches of hardy lilies in front of either end of the sidewalk.  I enjoy looking at them through the living room window and love how much privacy they add to front of my home.


Blooming treasures... God's gift for us to enjoy! ~ Author Unknown

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I love the window boxes.
    How sweet of your mother in law to replace the hanging flower.
    Oh yes, welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the screen door with the clematis! I want to put blue morning glories on my screen door, but haven't planted them yet, so they'll wait for next year.
    It was sweet of your MIL to replace the flower baskets.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!