Thursday, May 01, 2014

Slow Spring

Spring has been taking its time this year.  Things are greening up and we have even started to cut grass.  The trees are leafing out and things are starting to slowly bloom.  Through all of this we have had some throw the windows open kind of days and others have been turn the heat on to take off the chill kind of days. 


Through all of this I have felt stress, rushed and anxious.  For what?  I guess for warmer weather, for time to get some much needed outside projects done and I really, really want to plant my garden and some flowers.  I also feel like my days are running non stop.  There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything on my list done. 


As I am sitting this morning I am watching the leaves blow on a shrub and the sunlight filter through it.  The boys are laying on the floor watching a show and coughing as they have those change in the weather sniffles and such. 


It hit me that maybe God is using this slow Spring to speak to me.  Why am I always rushing on to the next task?  Why am I not slowing and enjoying the here and now?  The warmer days will come.  The projects will get done in time and if they don't will it matter that much?  The garden will get planted and so will the flowers.  Actually it is early as we don't hit our last frost date until around Mother's Day. 

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven...  Ecclesiastes 3


So today I will take a deep breath and praise God for the reminder that life is to be enjoyed and not to be rushed through.  There is a season for everything and for me I will work on a season of slowing down and not only enjoying the moments but I will savor (to appreciate fully; enjoy or relish) the moment!
May your day be filled with joy and contentment.

1 comment:

  1. I have been on what feels like a hamster wheel - I also want to slow down and take care of myself. Hope we both find some balance and peace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!