Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Busy

Things have been hopping around here.  There are some things that have been crying out for some TLC for a couple of years and this is the year that we are going to tackle those projects.  First on the list was to remove the window boxes. Considering they were made from scrap wood (except for the trim) they have held up remarkably well. Chuck did a little repair work and then I gave them all a fresh coat of paint.


I was so happy to see them go back up.  My home looked a little plain without them.

In between raindrops I have been tackling some weeding and thinning and trimming of things.  I hope to have the front landscape done this week and then maybe mulch can be added over the weekend.  I joked with Chuck and have been calling myself the "Queen of Weeds."  I have also been planting flowers.


This sight just makes me happy. :)

Of course there is the everyday stuff to do.  I don't know why the laundry won't wash itself! The best part of my busy days is caring for the littles that you all know keep me very busy!


By the time evening comes I have been one tired girl.  I have barely made it to 9 pm each evening.  It is a good kind of tired.  The forecast is for possible rain.  I think I might be ready for a rain day. :)

May your day be filled with joy and contentment! 
  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like my life, Wendi! And it has been a horrible spring for gardening here in the northeast. Rain, hail, cold weather, frost. Grrr. I feel really behind with my gardening this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Wendi!

    It's sounds like my life too! Busy Busy! I love the window box and the color of it. It's so nice to add the little extras to make your house pop! We have been building a garage what seems like forever now, so everything else has been pushed to the side. Between homeschooling and outdoor stuff, there just doesn't seem like enough time for anything else. My mom and I have been planting flowers everywhere on our property and hoping for some pretty colors soon. What an adorable picture of your kids. They sure are busy, aren't they? If only I had a teaspoon of their energy.. imagine what we could accomplish. :)

    I hope you have a great day!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!