Monday, May 26, 2014

A Great Weekend

This has been a fantastic weekend. The sun has been shinning, the temperatures haven't been overly warm and we have been motivated.  Saturday morning we ran out for some mulch.


I had been weeding, thinning and trimming things during nap time and was ready for mulch.  We started with the from landscaping. 


Then we moved on to the back of the house.  Last week we had a nasty hail storm and it destroyed my peonies.  I was sad to have to cut most of them away as the stems were broken. 


This bed showcases my clematis.  I am hoping that the yellow tickseed plants around the bottom will start to fill in soon.  I am looking forward to seeing it full. 


We had our first meal of the season on the back porch. Yeah!  We have enjoyed all of our meal since then out here.  This is one of my favorite things about summer.  


Besides yard work there was also laundry.  



Chuck and his helper cleaned out my van.  I now have ordered to keep it that way until we leave for vacation.  :)


Megan planted the last of her garden.  All she wanted this year was a pumpkin and watermelon plant.  Easy enough!


Through the yard work, fun, and food of this great weekend I have never forgotten the reason behind it all.  Without the sacrifice of so many we wouldn't have the great things that many of us take for granted.  Thank you to all who have served and especially those service members and their families that have made the ultimate sacrifice.  Happy Memorial Day!

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendi,
    Your yard is beautiful and your picnic looks pretty and delicious,
    Hope your family has a wonderful summer, and no more hail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!