Friday, April 18, 2014

When Life Throws You For A Loop or Two

Hello Friends!  I hope that this finds you all well.  The last two weeks have been draining around here.  I am not even sure where to begin. So here I go....

*My former work partner, Vicki, suddenly passed away.  She was my age and just a beautiful person.

*We have all been sick. My nemesis is back...  bronchitis!   Yeah me! I have been down for almost a week.  I feel like I might have turned the corner finally.  A girl can hope anyway.

*Chuck's beloved Aunt Wanda passed away.  Wanda has been struggling with health issues for as long as Chuck and I have been together (15 yrs.).   The last few years her quality of life has not been good.  Two weeks ago when she started to decline she opted for no more treatment and asked to be removed from all medication except insulin and pain medication.  After she was weaned from 19 different medications her mind was clear and we are so thankful for the gift of heartfelt conversations.  I love Wanda dearly and her passing has been bittersweet.  We are full of sorrow that she is no longer with us but also feel joy at the thought that she is healed and whole again.  The showing is tonight and the funeral is tomorrow. 

I know that bullet points might seem a little cold, but emotions have been running high around here.  If my little family happens to pass through your thoughts this weekend we could use some prayer for strength, comfort and healing. 

God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you have had such a physically and emotionally draining week. Sometimes life seems to throw the unhappy things to us all at once. Please know that prayers are with you and your family for the strength and faith needed to get through the tough times. I hope you have a joyous and blessed Easter.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better, especially after being sick for so long. It is so sad about your friend and relative, especially sad for is when a young person passes unexpectedly. It reminds us to live fully and let our loved ones know we feel about them.
    I hope you and your family have a sweet meaningful Easter, even with all this going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about these trials. God's strength is amazing in these difficult times, and His grace is truly sufficient! We will remember to pray for you!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your heart, Wendi. I'm sad to hear you've had so much *sorrow* recently.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and your family, Wendi. I'm so sorry to hear about these difficult things.

    Stay strong in Christ!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will be praying for you all. Yes, life can throw us for a loop or two. We have been there.

    Have a wonderful weekend as we celebrate a risen Lord.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy your blog, and your sweet family is in my prayers. Praise God he has conquered the grave and that our hope is eternal. May some simple joys find their way to you during this difficult weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear all the sad things you are going through. May God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!