Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Well... Hello Spring!

Oh yes, spring is in the air and I am one happy girl!  As I type this I can hear the birds singing their morning wake up song.   Ahhh... music to my ears. 

With the wet winter we had it was hard to keep the feeder from becoming a clumpy mess around the bottom.   We finally took it down.  I gave it a good clean and we bought one of those things to deter squirrels with the hope that it will keep some of the moisture off.  We'll see.


While pricing some things at the hardware store I picked up some pansies.  Nothing gives a spring time welcome like these pretties. 


There was an afternoon filled with sunshine and warmth.  I raked the entire back yard and Chuck gathered the large branches that had fallen.  We ended up with a large pile of debris.




We don't normally burn but since there was so much we went ahead.  We burned it on the garden and then will till the ash into the soil. 


I was able to line dry my first load of laundry for the year.  Swoon!  I love, love the smell of line dried laundry. 


Every day more and more things are popping up. 


This is one of the things I like most about this season.  It brings the Lord to mind and reminds me of the new life that only Christ can give. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful pictures. I love being able to hang clothes outside also. There is nothing like the fresh smell of sun dried clothes.

Have a wonderful day.

~Cheryl

LynnMarie said...

Alll that brown ground! We still have more snow than ground but I can see ground where we shoveled paths for the dogs. Beautiful flowers and love the clothes drying on the line.

Laura Lane said...

That is such a cute feeder. I'm enjoying the green springing forth!
Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage