Monday, April 21, 2014

Lesson Learned

When Megan comes home from school she will sometimes invite Abe into her room to play school.  I love listening to them.  Some days I hear her teaching something new she learned at school other days she is teaching Abe counting our how to write letters.  It is super cute!

One afternoon I walked into the "school room" and saw that papers had been taped to the closet doors.  I immediately told Megan that taping papers to doors, walls and furniture was not acceptable.  She agreed not to do it again.  I then went to make dinner.  Later I returned to take the papers down. 


Exactly what I feared happened.  I cringed and inwardly groaned.  I could have been really upset but I wasn't.  I called Megan in to show her exactly why you don't tape things up.  Sometimes seeing the consequence is the best way for a lesson to be learned.

I knew that the doors would need to be primed and then painted.  It would have been faster and easier for me to do it myself.  Often the easy way isn't the best way. 





Sometimes seeing the consequence is the best way for a lesson to be learned. 

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit and will return again!