Thursday, April 03, 2014

Adoption Day...7 Years Ago

*This entry from April 2, 2007 from the blog I keep while in China.  Saying that our family has been blessed beyond measure the past seven years is an understatement!*

Here I am getting dressed for my adoption day. Today I am wearing a 3-6 month outfit. I really suck my bottle down so I might move into 6-9 month clothes very soon.

 
While Mama and I were hanging out in the lobby Daddy keep taking our picture.


Finally we made it on the bus and away we went to the Civil Affairs office.


When we got there we had our first official family picture taken. The they took a picture of me for my passport. After that we met with an adoption official. Mama and Daddy had to list their occupation, say why they wanted to adopt a baby from China and what my education would be. They said I could have as much education as I wanted. Let's see if Daddy is still saying that if I ask him to pay for my masters!

After that it was off to the notary office. The man there asked Mama and Daddy to say their names. Then daddy said my name. He then asked if Mama and Daddy were satisfied with me. He asked if Mama and Daddy would ever abuse or adbanoned me. They said never. After that we were handed an official form that says Mama and Daddy are my forever parents. I am officially adopted and part of the family for ever and ever!!



I really love my Daddy!

I can't wait to meet everyone. Mama keeps telling me that I will have lots of fun people to play with.

Love, Megan

May your day be filled with joy and contentment!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Precious! What a sweet post.

LynnMarie said...

What a great memory for her one day. What a great reminder for you every day.

Carla from The River said...

Blessings to you. Thank you for sharing today.

Laura Lane said...

Oh, how perfectly adorable. Congratulations again!
Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Katie said...

Awwww...precious! Congratulations to your family! :-)